I’ve been teaching others how to develop LAMP and web apps for over 5 years.
It’s in my job description.
And with the engineering turnover every company experiences, training is a constant state of being for guys like me.
I used to custom-build my training materials by hand for new recruits. The result was a burning need to take Adderall among my students.
So, I always thought getting access to pre-packaged education courses would be a God send. Well, it is!
These days, the quality and availability of FREE online training for professional developers have come so far in such a short time that I regularly incorporate outside training courses on the job.
Here are some of the best FREE online courses for developers:
- Page on LearnStreet
- The Odin Project – Learn Ruby on Rails
- Open Dynamics Engine
- Learn PHP
- Learn Rails by Example
- An Advanced Guide to HTML & CSS
- LearnStreet: Online Programming Courses
- Learn to code
- Code School
- School of Webcraft (open source training)
- Drawing and animation programming by the Khan Academy
- Udacity’s Web Dev Course Catalog
If you’re interested in paying, here are a few I can recommend:
- Online Courses – Anytime, Anywhere | Udemy up to $199
- Learn Web Design &Web Development for $25 to $50
- Lynda.com: video tutorials $25 to $50
- Learnable (4,675 Videos) : $17/mo
- Code School: $25 per mo
- Learn Python The Hard Way $25 for the course
- One Month Rails $100 for the course
- BaseRails $25 per month
Thanks to Quora for all the help!